Last updated: June 1st, 2021
Table of Contents
- Relationship of the Entities
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Important Notice for Non-U.S. Residents
- Disclosures for Data Subjects in the EEA, the U.K., and Switzerland
- Access, Correction, Deletion and Retention of Your Personal Information
- Communications Preferences
- Integration of Third-Party Platforms and Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
2. Relationship of the Entities
DomainsBot SRL owns and operates the following web interfaces: DomainsBot Dashboard for Enterprise (https://dashboard.domainsbot.com) and DomainsBot Self Service API (https://domainsbot-srl.3scale.net/).
DomainsBot, Inc. also owns and operates the following web interface: DomainsBot Pandalytics Web Interface: https://pandalytics.domainsbot.com.
In relation to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), all data processing undertaken by DomainsBot SRL is treated as subject to the GDPR. Where DomainsBot SRL determines the purposes and means of processing of any personal data, DomainsBot SRL acts as a data controller.
Where DomainsBot, Inc., a U.S. corporation, offers goods or services to European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents or monitors EEA data subjects’ online behavior taking place from within the EEA, DomainsBot, Inc. is subject to applicable GDPR requirements. Where DomainsBot, Inc. determines the purposes and means of processing of any EEA personal data, DomainsBot, Inc. acts as a data controller.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to: information you provide to us, information from third parties, and information collected automatically about your use of our Sites and Services.
Unless otherwise specified, all personal information requested through the Services is mandatory and failure to provide this personal information may prevent DomainsBot from providing you the Services requested. In cases where the Sites or Services state that certain personal information is not mandatory, you are free to not communicate this personal information without it affecting your experience or use of the Services. In the event you are unsure as to whether requested personal information is required or not, please contact us at any time.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: The personal information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Account Registration: information relating to the creation of an account on one of our Sites, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and/or a unique individual password;
- Contact Forms: information added to form fields on our Services, including name, email address, and the contents of any accompanying message, such as to contact DomainsBot, set up a demonstration, request information or technical support, or download a white paper;
- Purchasing Services: business contact information that is required to register for different DomainsBot subscription plans, including organization name and address, and business contact’s name, username, password, email, and country;
- Payment Information: payment card, transaction or financial account information, if you make a purchase online or sign up via our order forms;
- “My DomainsBot” Content: if you submit information to the DomainsBot “My DomainsBot” service, we will associate with your account your domain name information, including expiration date, DNS information, and registrar information.
When communicating with us by email or through forms on our Services, we ask that you please do not send us any sensitive information pertaining to yourself or others. DomainsBot does not collect or store sensitive personal information or special categories of personal data.
- Information Collected Automatically: As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns (together, “User Data”), including:
- Information About Your Use of the Services: when you browse our Sites, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
- Device Information: if you access the Services through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
4. How We Use Your Information
- To Provide You Our Services: providing any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Services;
- To Provide You with Customer Support or Service-Related Communications: contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Sites or Services you have registered to use, and notifying you about changes to our Services, our policies, terms, or any products or services we offer or provide though our Services, as well as responding to your questions or other customer support requests;
- To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails: contacting you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on the Services that you already use or the offerings that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- For Internal Use and Services Improvement: to reinforce the functioning and usefulness of our Services, or to monitor and analyze web traffic and user activity, including using heat mapping and other methods of determining which features and services users like best, in order to help us operate, enhance, and improve our Services;
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance: processing personal information to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, or as necessary to manage risk under applicable law, or to respond to valid law enforcement and national security requests;
- For Customization: saving your user account, registration and profile data or other personal information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services); tracking your return visits to and use of the services; tailoring your experience on the Services; and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services; and
- With Your Consent: for any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related products and/or services requested, with your permission or upon your direction.
DomainsBot takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or destruction of personal information. Personal information processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. Our Sites also use secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology for added protection.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. If you believe that any of your personal information held by DomainsBot has possibly been compromised, please contact us immediately as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
8. Important Notice for Non-U.S. Residents
DomainsBot, Inc. Services and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are not sure whether a transfer will take place, or you would like to know the location of where your personal information will be processed, you may contact us any time according to the “Contact Us” section below.
If you choose to use DomainsBot, Inc. Services while located outside of the United States, please understand that your personal information will be transferred in the United States. If you do not wish for your information to be transferred to, processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should cease accessing DomainsBot, Inc. Sites and Services immediately.
9. Disclosures for Data Subjects in the EEA, the U.K. and Switzerland
This section describes how DomainsBot SRL in general, and DomainsBot, Inc. when the GDPR applies in relation to EEA personal data, collects, stores, uses, transfers and otherwise processes personal data in accordance with the GDPR and its local implementations.
- Lawful Bases of Processing. Where DomainsBot is acting as a data controller that determines the purposes and means of processing your personal information, such as when we collect, use, and share personal information as described above, we must have a lawful processing basis for doing so. Our lawful bases for processing personal information include:
- to conclude or perform a contract with you, for example to:
- process your purchases of or requests for DomainsBot products and services, and to register your user accounts;
- communicate with you about purchases, professional services, accounts, and programs;
- for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- maintain, improve, and analyze our Services, advertisements, and the products and services we offer;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- facilitate the functionality of our Services;
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes and as required by applicable law; and
- on the basis of your consent, for example to send you via email and other electronic means personalized promotions and special offers or informing you about our professional services, offerings, events, or other promotional purposes.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- to conclude or perform a contract with you, for example to:
- The Rights of Users. DomainsBot users may exercise certain rights regarding their personal information. In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw consent at any time: You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given consent to the processing of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below
- Access Data: You have the right to learn if your personal information is being processed by DomainsBot, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the personal information undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of personal information: You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your personal information. In this case, DomainsBot will not process your personal information for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have personal information deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your personal information from DomainsBot.
- Receive personal information and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the personal information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent data protection authority.
- Transfers. When we export personal data from the EEA, we do so pursuant to appropriate safeguards or your explicit consent under GDPR Article 49.
- Retention – As a general rule, we keep your data for only as long as it is needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal, regulatory, accounting or other obligations. Personal information collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the DomainsBot and you shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed. Personal information collected for the purposes of the DomainsBot’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. In addition, your personal information may be retained for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Once the retention period expires, personal information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
10. Access, Correction, Deletion and Retention of Your Personal Information
For DomainsBot, Inc. users that are not residents of the EEA, have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information that you shared with us on our Site or Services through other written or oral means. We are committed so that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is up to you to update it with any changes.
In most cases, you can review and submit changes to your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also notify DomainsBot via the information in the “Contact us” section below to request access to, or to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you no longer wish to have your personal information processed, you may request to delete your account (username and password), subject to certain limitations, by contacting us as described below.
Regarding data retention, as a general rule, we keep your data for only as long as it is needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal, regulatory, accounting or other obligations.
11. Communications Preferences
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of the Services. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about DomainsBot, our website, and our other products and offerings. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
You may also update information about your account with us. We will update and correct your profile if you wish to make changes. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you service communications such as emails about your account.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings.
12. Integration of Third-Party Platforms and Services
13. Children’s Privacy
DomainsBot Services are not directed toward children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a child under 16 provided our Sites or Services with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us as described below so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
14. Contact Us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact us anytime via our Sites, or as follows: DomainsBot – Viale Bruno Buozzi 105 – 00197 Roma (Italy), or at firstname.lastname@example.org.